Photonics science and engineering
This Master offers
- a specialization in photonic materials, components and systems. Lasers and LED's, optical fibres and liquid crystals, optical sensors and detectors will reveal all their secrets to you.
- a wide variety of elective courses in ICT, electronics, business apsects of photonics, multimedia....
- an industrial internship which will give you the opportunity to get in touch with the Photonics Industry.
- a multidisciplinary training in Photonics and Photonics-related subjects, organized by two universities that are both at the top of the innovative world of Photonics.
- the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills in other domains, such as ICT, biosciences, physics and chemistry of materials, industrial management etc
The aim of this master programme is to educate you to become an engineer and scientist with a solid knowledge in photonics and the ability to apply theory into design, realisation and management of photonic systems.
Core and advanced photonics courses
The first year will be devoted mainly to a programme of core photonics courses with essentially the same content at both institutes, complemented by a number of advanced photonics courses as well as several courses in related disciplines and transferable skill courses.
During the second year, you will study where you do your master thesis. This two-year program leads to a joint degree from Vrije Universiteit Brussel and UGent.
Your future as a Photonics Engineer looks very bright. Today photonics is a discipline of key importance in industrial sectors such as the tele- and data communication area, the display and printing industry, the biotechnology industry, the energy sector, the medical instrumentation sector... with opportunities in:
- research in high-technology companies
- research in academic laboratories and research institutes
- development of new photonic products in industry
- technical support in a company for its products
- technical marketing and sales in to photonics related industries
Deze opleiding duurt 2 jaar.
|Vrije universiteit Brussel - campus Etterbeek, Brussel||Brussel|
Er zijn nog geen reacties op dit onderwerp.
Laat een reactie achter
Er zijn nog geen ervaringen beschikbaar. Heb jij een ervaring die je wilt delen? Log dan in met je TKMST-profiel en schrijf je ervaring in een blog-post!