European Master of Science in Photonics
Two universities in Belgium (Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Universiteit Gent, programme coordinator), two in Scotland (St.-Andrews University and Heriot-Watt University) and one in Sweden (Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, Stockholm) have jointly organised the Erasmus Mundus Master of Science in Photonics since September 2006.
This Master offers:
- A specialization in photonic materials, components and systems. Lasers and LED's, optical fibres and liquid crystals, optical sensors and detectors will reveal all their secrets to you.
- A wide variety of elective courses in ICT, electronics, business aspects of photonics, multimedia etc.
- An industrial internship which will give you the opportunity to get in touch with the Photonics Industry
- A multi-disciplinary training in Photonics and Photonics-related subjects, organized by four European universities that are all at the top of the innovative world of Photonics
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills in other domains, such as ICT, biosciences, physics and chemistry of materials, industrial management etc.
Different programmes have different admission requirements. To know whether you meet the requirements to enroll directly, or via a preparatory programme, please read the text below.
A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution (minimum 3 years full time study or 180 ECTS credits) in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Electronics, Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline. Students in their last year of such a bachelor programme will also be considered.
For more information on the admission requirements and enrollment, visit the programme's website.
In order to be admitted, you need to be proficient in English.
As an engineer and scientist with a solid knowledge in photonics and the ability to apply theory into design, realisation and management of photonic systems, you will find career opportunities in every corner of the world:
- Research in high-technology companies
- Research in academic laboratories and research institutes
- Development of new photonic products in industry
- Technical support in a company for its products
Technical marketing and sales in to photonics related industres
Deze opleiding duurt 2 jaar.
|Vrije universiteit Brussel - campus Etterbeek, Brussel||Brussel|
Er zijn nog geen reacties op dit onderwerp.
Laat een reactie achter
Er zijn nog geen ervaringen beschikbaar. Heb jij een ervaring die je wilt delen? Log dan in met je TKMST-profiel en schrijf je ervaring in een blog-post!