Arts and Culture: Art, Literature and Society
If you are passionate about such issues, the master’s programme in Art, Literature and Society could be the programme for you. The programme is aimed at critical and creative thinkers who have a large array of interests. As a graduate of this programme, you will have broad insights into modern day questions of national and international importance. You will also have experience conducting incisive debates and will be able to contribute to contemporary discussions surrounding art and literature.
You will get an MA in Arts and Culture with a specialisation in Art, Literature and Society.
Information for Dutch-speaking students: Instead of choosing the English taught master’s programme Art, Literature and Society, it is also possible to choose the master’s programme Kunst, Literatuur en Samenleving where you follow the academic skills trainings in Dutch and write your essays and master’s thesis in Dutch.
- A focus on current and topical debates in literature, art, religion, philosophy and culture
- The possibility to customise your programme
- A variety of course-related skills trainings (e.g. conceptual analysis and discourse analysis)
- You will be prepared for a career in administration, the media or academia
- 1-year, full-time master in a truly international environment, starts in September
- Weekly: 8-10 contact hrs, 32 hrs independent study